April is one of my favourite months of the year, I can’t believe how quickly it has gone! I wanted to share a couple of my current favourite things that I have either found or re-discovered throughout the month. I have added a couple of general favourites too including a Netflix find and a Easter baking favourite. Here they are:
- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, £27: I’ve been pondering about this product for a while because I don’t usually spend that much money on make-up AND I don’t wear foundation much. BUT, it was a birthday present to myself… which is totally fine, right?! Anyway, I think it looks the most natural on my skin compared with other foundations I have tried. Initially I used a brush but I definitely preferred the finish with my Real Technique Complexion Sponge. It covers my spots but still looks natural, which is exactly what I was looking for! I think I need to test it a few more times to fully recommend this, but so far so good.
- Soap and Glory Archery 2-in-1, £8: I’ve found it difficult to find a good eyebrow product because there seems to be SO many options- pomade, powder or pencils?! I have no idea, but I remember hearing that Soap and Glory had some good ones to try. I went for one which is simply a pencil and a brush- I use the shade ‘Brownie Points’. My eyebrows are quite thick so I just needed something simple to fill any sparse areas and add some shape. I really like this because it is easy to use- for an eyebrow newbie- and it looks natural!
- Barry M Gelly Nail Paint, in the shade Blueberry, £3.99: Barry M Nail Paints are some of my ALL TIME favourites, especially the Gelly range. They are super shiny, even without a top coat, and they can be long lasting. Blueberry is surprisingly a very wearable blue shade, that is perfect for spring but is not too pastel.
- Netflix Series, Riverdale: I almost want to say that this is my FAVOURITE Netflix series… and PLL obviously! There are currently 11 episodes out from series one and new ones are released on Fridays. It is very PLL-esque, focusing around a teenage murder and the impact on the town as they search for the murderer. It stars Cole Spouse, Cody from Disney’s The Suite Life of Zack and Cody… if this doesn’t make you want to watch then I don’t know what will!
- Easter Chocolate Bark: I love baking, especially during seasonal holidays! I tried a couple of different recipes this year- all from Jane’s Patisserie a lovely baking blog. My favourite one I tried was ‘Easter Chocolate Bark’ because it was easy but tasted delicious! You can completely make it your own, I decorated it using another favourite of mine- Cadbury’s Creme Eggs!
I hope you’ve had a lovely April, what have been your favourite products?