Spring is a lovely season, despite it still being a bit cold and cloudy in England right now BUT when the sun’s out it’s so pretty. Shockingly enough though I won’t pretend its my favourite season, I am more of a winter gal BUT I try and make the most of it. I thought I would share a couple of things that I would consider my top Spring essentials:
- Converse White All Star Oxford Trainers, £45: These are my Converse of choice, the traditional white ones with the blue and red trim. They’re SO lovely, really comfy and brighten up any outfit. I think most Converse are pretty for Spring, whether you prefer the hi-tops style or a different colour. They are light weight and I see them as a good transitional shoe because it isn’t quite warm enough here for sandals yet! I have a navy pair which I like too, but I have been reaching more for the traditional white ones this Springtime.
- Embroidered Shirts: I love this fashion right now! I only have two, both from New Look, but I am constantly wearing them. They’re perfect for Spring because, if worn with a thin underlayer, then you can brave it without a coat- honestly it is such a struggle to dress for English weather haha! I think they’re such a pretty fashion trend because they can be flattering on everyone and have cute pastel design.
- Benefit Dandelion Blush, £22: This is one of my favourite blushers EVER, closely followed by Benefit’s Rockateur. I think Dandelion is more fitting for Spring though, it is a rosy pink shade that compliments pale skin- like mine! Another blush that I really like in Spring is the Bourjois Aqua Blush, in the shade ‘Pink Twice’, this is a gel formula that creates more of a dewy, natural look compared to a some powder blusher… as you can tell blush is definitely one of my favourite beauty steps.
- Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm, £1.65: This is my current favourite lip balm and I think naturally plump, moisturised lips are perfect for Spring. I had used Vaseline for years, but I think that long-term it just didn’t give me the same results as this Nivea one. Also it is so cheap that I buy a few so I can keep them in different place which is ideal because my lips can get chapped and drys still even in the Spring. I would love to try the Elizabeth Arden 8hour lip cream, but I don’t know if I can justify a high price tag for some lip balm!
- Barry M Gelly Nail Polish, £3.99: I won’t go on about these too much, because I have already written about them in my April Favourites. I thought they were important to mention though because they really complete an outfit and the Spring shades are really pretty. The shades that I think deserve a shoutout are ‘Blueberry’ and ‘Acai Smoothie’, which is a sophisticated pinky-purple. The Coconut Infusion nail paints are pretty too, but I don’t think the shade range is as pretty, the only one I have really loved is the shade ‘Laguna’ which is a turquoise blue.
These products have become staples for me so far this Spring, especially my Converse! Have you tried any of these products? I would love to hear your Spring or even Summer essentials, as we look ahead to months of sun… fingers crossed!