With the sun shining this morning I thought I would share a post containing a few of my top products for a minimal make-up look, all from the drugstore… or Boots or Superdrug as we say in the UK! I tend to wear a variation of these products regularly, but even more so during the summer months because I am usually a sweaty mess so cannot be dealing with heavy make-up. I’ve narrowed it down to 5 staple products to keep it extra minimal this summertime, but obviously you can add others to make a more substantial look:
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, £4.19: One of the most popular products online, so I won’t go on too much. There probably isn’t much I can say that you won’t have already heard about this concealer, but in short I really like it on blemishes. I don’t like to use a heavy base during the summer months so I just REALLY go for it with this concealer and I don’t feel like it goes cakey like some other ones I’ve tried.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, £3.99: I know, another unoriginal product but I promise I do actually use these! One thing I would suggest with this powder is to actually consider buying one with a coloured tint and not just the transparent one. I go for shade ‘002: Pink Blossom’ which with the concealer helps give me more coverage whilst keeping shine away!
- Rimmel Brow This Way Gel, £3.99: This is one of my favourite eyebrow products and it really is a one-stop-shop. I use the transparent one because I already have quite thick brows, but I’m sure the tinted ones will be just as good on sparser brows. I prefer the brush on this gel, in comparison to Maybelline’s Brow Drama, and it doesn’t leave your eyebrows all crispy.
- Bourjois Aqua Blush, £8.99: On a no make-up, make-up day I go for blush because I am naturally flushed, so I use the natural make-up just to enhance that. If you prefer to go more bronzed then obviously you can swap that in for blusher, or go for both! I love this blush because it is a gel consistency and blends seamlessly into your cheeks to give a natural, long-lasting glow.
- Nivea Care Lip Balm, £1.65: I know this isn’t the most exciting product but I am not that adventurous with lip products. So I usually just go for a simple sheer balm, to keep my lips looking fresh and some of these balms have SPF in too which is a bonus! If you want more of a tint then Nivea do have some coloured options or Maybelline Baby lips are worth a try too.
Together these products create a really simple, natural and light look that is perfect for summer. These are just 5 base products that can be completely adapted with different lip looks, mascara, smokey eyes, bronzer, there is so much you can do! Hopefully you’ve enjoyed this post and would consider giving these a go next time you’re shopping in the drugstore. Let me know your favourite minimal make-up products, I’m still on the hunt for a natural fluttery drugstore mascara and a nude-tinted lip balm.
Enjoy the sun,