Got to love a monthly favourites, right? Good, because I’ve got another one for you today with a bit of everything to share. Bit less of the beauty faves this month I haven’t been overly experimental with my make-up partially due to heat and I’m kind of just using things up at the moment. Here they are, enjoy:
- Rimmel Insta Duo Contour Stick, £6.99: I picked this up around the time this new range launched but have only really got into using it recently. The reason this is a favourite is because of the bronzer end because it blends SEAMLESSLY. I’m pale and naturally very red, so I’ve been a bit wary of using a cream contour but I really like using this one. I then go over it with my slightly shimmery bronzer and it looks like I have actually been sunkissed! I’m not crazy for the highlighter but do occasionally use it, I tend to stick with Benefit’s ‘High Beam’ though instead, because it’s a bit less of a chunky highlight.
- Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Body Lotion, originally £7.79 but bought on sale for £3.89 from Boots: I know it’s July and the tan should be naturally flowing by now BUT I’m in England and I am very prone to sunburn. So I have been loving this recently and I won’t bore you too much as I spoke about it in my Spring Body Care post so this obviously isn’t a new favourite. It’s an oldie but goldie… literally and I would suggest this for self-tanning disaster prone people like myself!
- The One Last Memory of Flora Banks, by Emily Barr: This month I’ve read more books than January-June combined mainly because of my Kindle, which I’ve got a post coming about soon! My favourite book I’ve read this month has to be this one because it is similar to ‘Everything, Everything’ by Nicola Yoon- which I absolutely loved. It’s an easy read and I love the style of writing with the repetition of short sentence which makes it a very fast paced book! Definitely would recommend picking this up to read over the summer if you’re into YA.
- Baking: Bit of a weird one to share but I definitely would say this has been a favourite of July as I tend to be baking something new every week! I’m really enjoying it, it makes me SO happy to see other people enjoying my bakes. I’ve written a whole post about it already this month with my Basic Girls Guide to: Baking so definitely check it out if you want to dabble at a new hobby!
- Dunkirk: I’m not going to lie I went to see this because Harry was in it and I’m absolutely 100% always supporting anything One Direction do. BUT this film was SO much more than that. It was an extremely poignant film and the feelings you are left with stayed with me for while afterwards. The realness to the film made it very raw and seeing it in the cinema made it completely immersive- I was very on edge! I’m glad Harry was in this film because it MASSIVELY encouraged me to see such an important story that really needed to be told. Whatever your motives are for seeing Dunkirk, it really doesn’t matter just getting to see the story is the most important thing and to witness the complete bravery of people during WW2.
Hopefully you’ve enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment any of your beauty favourites for this month below, because I definitely would like to change-up my routine soon!
Have a lovely weekend,