This week I’m going to be sharing some holiday related posts to celebrate the start of August and first up is a look into what make-up I take on holiday! When I think of holiday make-up I am looking for natural, light and something to keep the shine to a minimum. I see packing my make-up bag for going on holiday like a summer streamlining challenge as I try to pick a few staple products that will give me some options when I’m away whilst not adding too much weight to my suitcase. So here it goes:
- Foundation- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream: That was a bit of a mouthful, wasn’t it?! ANYWAY, this is perfect for holidays because it gives your skin a naturally flawless look but still provides enough coverage to cover any blemishes or redness. I’m going to do a full product review on this one soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!
- Concealer- Collection Lasting Perfection and Bourjois Radiance Reveal: These will not come as any great surprise. I find these two are a dream team, as together they tackle spots and under eyes! I’ve given a more in-depth view of these two concealers in my Hits and Misses: Concealer Edition
- Powder- Rimmel Stay Matte: This is a staple for a lot of people, especially if you are really looking to keep shine away all day. This is great to put on before dinner on holiday and I go for one with a slight hint of colour to give a little bit of coverage too.
- Contour- Rimmel Insta Duo Contour Stick: I recently discovered this and it will definitely be coming with me on holiday this year! It is a compact product and although I’m not crazy for the highlighter- it will definitely be enough for me on holiday. This creamy duo help create a more defining bronzed look which is what I am trying to achieve on a summer holiday!
- Bronzer- Seventeen Shimmer Brick: I think this has been discontinued- which I cannot get over. I think Revlon and Bobbi Brown do something similar but I haven’t tried them. This is just lovely- the perfect shimmery bronzer that has different shades to allow you to deepen your bronzer with your tan… perfect!
- Blush- Benefit Dandelion: All the Benefit powders are great for travelling because they’re so small and they have their own brush! This shade is perfect for me because it is the shade I would naturally blush so it adds a nice sheen to go perfectly with the more bronzed look.
Eyes and Brows:
- Shadow, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze: I’m not big into eye shadows so just a bit of this over the lid for the evenings goes nicely with a tan… if I can actually tan and not burn!
- Brow Pencil, Soap and Glory Brow Archery: I really like this pencil because it’s a bit waxier than other ones that I have tried. The packaging is sleek with a brush on one end to help give a nice natural shape to your brows.
- Brow Gel, Rimmel Brow this Way in clear: I love a good brow gel and this one has been my go-to for a while because it doesn’t go crispy or leave white bits in my brows… which is not a good look! If you prefer a coloured gel then maybe you would only need to take that but I tend to go for a pencil and then a clear one instead.
- Nivea Lip Balm: Bit of an obvious one but I carry my lip balm with me EVERYWHERE on holiday and you can get an SPF one too! They don’t dry out my lips once they’ve worn off and I much prefer the ‘bullet’ applicator to the tins because they just make my hands all greasy!
- Coloured Balm, Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain in Honey: This product is somewhere between a tinted balm and a moisturising lipstick… or is that the same thing? It gives a pinky-nude sheen to the lips BUT be warned it is very minty which I am not 100% sure on. It will definitely do nicely for the summer holidays though.
- For brushes I go all for Real Techniques and try to keep it as minimal as possible because they can start to take up a lot of room. I will probably take my Complexion Sponge for the base, Setting Brush for concealer and eyes if need be and then the Powder Brush for all the cheek products. The Benefit Powders come with their own little brush which is handy too!
Hopefully this post has been helpful and has given you some inspiration for your own holiday make-up bags! Let me know your favourite travel beauty products below. I’ll have another holiday related post on Wednesday at 10am, so be sure to stick around!