I’m going to start the week by sharing 5 pieces of make-up that together create a really, REALLY minimal look which will be perfect for a nice summer picnic, lazy days or just when it is TOO hot! Most of the time this ‘5 product face’ is my go-to because even though I LOVE buying make-up and reading ALL the reviews, watching videos etc. I’m not as adventurous as I would like to be. Also most days I tend to choose sleep over full on glam so these 5 products I turn to when I’m already running late during the summer months… Here they are:
- Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer, £7.99: I tend to choose this concealer in the summer because it is quite light, easy to blend and brightening. It helps give a healthy boost to the skin, instead of caking up! For most of the year I tend just to use it under my eyes but in summer I use it pretty much everywhere because it is so lightweight and gives a natural finish.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 002 Pink Blossom, £3.99: Powder is essential for me because I GLOW and not in a good way… more like a hot mess kind of way. So this really is necessary and it’s honestly the only one I’ve tried! It adds a hint of colour whilst blending seamlessly with the concealer to give me a comfortable amount of coverage and most importantly it keeps me matte… well it gives it a good try!
- Rimmel Brow this Way Gel in Clear, £3.99: I’ve talked about this already quite a bit BUT I would 10/10 recommend in a minimal look especially! It just makes it look like I’ve made an effort with my brows when I completely haven’t- which it what I try to achieve with the whole look!
- Seventeen Bronze Shimmer Brick: Unfortunately, I think this has been discontinued so you could replace this step with any other bronzer! I think that this adds some colour to your face and I use it REALLY lightly mainly around my forehead and slightly on the cheekbones. I know that Rimmel have bought out a similar product recently, Revlon and Soap& Glory also have ones so it might be worth trying them out to create a similar shimmery bronzed look.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, £7.99: This balm REALLY works for summer because of the moisturising formula which ends up drying into a stain to give your lips a lovely healthy look. This is a nude-y pinky shade which is very flattering and can be built up to create a slightly more bolder lip.
Hopefully these products have given you some inspiration for when you want some make-up but quickly and naturally! You can either use these products as a base for a more striking look by adding mascara or contour, and it can be adapted for different times of the year by changing the lip colour or swapping the bronzer for blush- so it is very versatile look!
Let me know if you have any bronzer recommendations as mine has been discontinued and your favourite go-to product for if you’re in a rush!